What is the role of a Scrum Master in a Scrum Team?
- The Scrum Master is the team-level specialty role responsible for ensuring the team understands the agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use.
- The responsibilities of this role include:
- Solving the impediments.
- Establishing an environment where the team can be high performing, exhibit continuous flow of work, relentless improvement
- Establishing team working agreement for effective adherence to the processes and practices
Scrum Master facilitate Scrum Team level events or ART Level events?
If the Scrum Team is working independently on complicated projects, the Scrum Master organizes team-level activities.
In the event that Scrum is a component of the Agile Release Train for managing difficult program features, the Scrum Master will additionally participate in and facilitate the ART Level events in addition to the RTE.
What are the Scrum Team level events the Scrum master facilitates and what is the purpose of the same?
|Team Backlog Refinement
|The developers and testers in the scrum team analyze every user story provided by the product owner or every technical story created by the lead developer in order to agree on acceptance criteria and estimate the stories during the backlog refinement event
|Ready For Development
Analyzing prioritized stories in the backlog will help you grasp their goal (what the story is about, why it has to be produced, etc.). and determine the approval criteria (how) and the approximate time needed to develop the storyStories that are refined as part of a backlog refinement event prior to the sprint start, are only considered as ready for development stories.
|The product owner and developers decide on the sprint goal and divide the work to fit the team’s capacity..
Based on the team’s capacity, the scrum team members select estimated stories and decide on a sprint target to complete the work in two weeks.
Sprint goals show the coordinated effort of all developers anticipated for the duration of the sprint.
|Every 24 hours, the developers get together to discuss any obstacles they may be having, get assistance, and make dynamic plans.
Discuss the obstacles and try to figure issues out amongst themselves.
Additionally, they ask for a call with the particular members for in-depth discussions if necessary following the meeting.
|Sprint Review Meeting
|The developers show the product owner their finished work and solicit feedback.
|Demo of Working Software
Present all of the finished stories to the Product Owner for their input.
|The developers provide their reflections on what went well, what didn’t, and what has to be changed going forward for the sprint.
|Feedback & Reflect
Retrospect meetings will be useful for quickly identifying areas for improvement and obtaining the necessary help. Supported and take action on the same
What point should I write in my resume when I apply for a Scrum Master Job to handle a scrum team?
As a scrum master, my responsibilities in the current organization Include:
For the Scrum Team
- Facilitate Scrum team ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Daily Standups, Sprint planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospectives)
- Remove impediments to the team’s progress.
- Coach and mentor team members on Agile principles and Scrum practices.
- Ensure the Scrum framework is followed and understood by the team.
- Foster a collaborative and self-organizing team environment.
- Shield the team from external disruptions to maintain focus on the flow of work.
- Guide in defining and refining the product backlog items, including story writing and estimation
- Encourage continuous improvement within the team.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among team members.
- Track and inform stakeholders of the team’s progress.
- Serve as a servant leader to meet the requirements of the group.
- Track the metrics after every sprint and make improvements.
- Train the new scrum members.
For the Product Owner
- Coach on story writing, estimation techniques
- Coach on Backlog management and prioritization
- Coach for running backlog improvement meetings
- Coach on offering the demos’ feedback
- Coach on using flow visualization tools like Kanban boards
- Provide product owners with training.
- Coach on Planning and Tracking using the JIRA Tool
For the organization
- Support the use of Agile practices
- Support the use of Confluence Tool and JIRA
- Support in developing governance metrics and dashboards.
- Support the Agile Center of Excellence team.
- Create new Scrum Masters for the field.
Tell me something about the agile metrics and their definitions
Velocity: It refers to the value of story points completed in every sprint. Velocity trend/Historical velocity could be analyzed to find the average velocity over the number of sprints.
Average Velocity :
Refers to the average velocity achieved over several sprints.
Average Velocity : Sum of all the velocities(Completed story points in sprint1 +Completed Story point sin Sprin2 +——-+ComPleted Story point sin Sprint n)/ n (number of sprints)
Predictability is a measure of % of work completed with respect to planned.
Predictability = Completed Story points/Committed Story points (calculated for every sprint in %)
Control charts focus on the cycle time of individual issues–the total time from “in progress” to “done”. Teams with shorter cycle times are likely to have higher throughput, and teams with consistent cycle times across many issues are more predictable in delivering work. While cycle time is a primary metric for Kanban teams, scrum teams can benefit from optimized cycle time as well.
Lead time is similar to cycle time, but is the time taken from when an issue is logged to a newly created date (it is not when work begins) until work is completed on that issue. Ie “ new state to done” state.